VP of Sales
First Resonance was founded by engineers from companies like SpaceX, NASA, Apple, Toyota, and more. We saw a shift to a faster, more dynamic world and found existing manufacturing systems insufficient in handling the rate of innovation needed to deliver world-changing products. Today, our customers benefit from a far better UX from engineering to the factory floor, fast and democratic access to data, powerful APIs to automate hardware processes, and more. All of this allows people who are building electric airplanes, new types of rockets, satellites, autonomous vehicles, and more to ship quickly and reliably.
Director of Sales
Our team distributes the software that advances factory operations of companies building electric airplanes, 3D-printed rockets, autonomous vehicles, and more. We have no shortage of interesting challenges that require innovative solutions.
We are looking for a Director of Sales to lead a team of business development reps, account executives and sales engineers and provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring. This is a hands-on sales and management role, in which you will be creating, optimizing, and iterating on the sales pipeline while growing team. You will be on the leadership team and accountable to developing team KPIs and aligning sale’s execution with bottom-line business objectives.
- Serve on the leadership team and align sales execution with business objectives
- Work with Product and Engineering to drive product requirements based on customer calls and features to improve sales conversion
- Work with Marketing and Customer Success to drive product onboarding features and improve conversion of marketing-qualified leads (MQLs) and product-qualified leads (PQLs)
- Work with Marketing to develop requirements for sales-enablement marketing and account-based marketing (ABM) strategies
- Hire and develop a growing team of sales reps including account executives, SDRs, BDRs and sales engineers
- Develop sales training and onboarding programs to ramp new personnel
- Optimize top of funnel conversion across inbound and outbound activity
- Establish sales processes to serve SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers across manufacturing industries
- Prepare and deliver quarterly sales plans and targets to strategize new market entry and resource allocation with the leadership team
- Use data and analytics to track problem areas and drive further efficiencies including shortening sales cycles, increasing ACVs, and increasing conversion rates
Qualities we look for
- Customer and product empathy
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability to identify problems and drive efficiencies
- Strong communication skills up and down management levels
- Exercising good judgement around personnel, customer trade-offs, and setting expectations
- Highly iterative and willing to test new ideas and approaches
- Generous paid time off (3+ weeks)
- Health insurance, including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible work schedule
- Learning & Development budget for courses and attending conferences
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.