Forward Deployed Software Engineer
The Forward Deployed Software Engineer (FDSE) will be the ultimate problem solver, an elite member of First Resonance's "SEAL Team Six", being deployed to our customers' sites to overcome their most demanding challenges. In this role, you will be working hand-in-hand with customers by getting deeply involved in their operations, understanding their unique problems, and developing tailor-made solutions that integrate seamlessly with ION.
Fired up to support eVTOLs, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles makers? As an FDSE, you will directly impact our customers’ ability to achieve these goals by interpreting their needs, developing software solutions from concept to delivery, and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Your days could range from working with a customer's engineers to design a new feature that automates a laborious process to being the point person in debugging an issue blocking their production team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as a deployed technical expert at customer sites, providing hands-on assistance with the implementation, usage, and further development of ION
- Collaborate with customers to understand their most pressing problems to develop coherent strategies & intelligent solutions (build custom web apps, wrangle large-scale data, etc)
- Have total ownership in developing and managing the delivery of solutions, while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Write clean, scalable, and easily maintainable code across the stack
- Work in small teams, taking ownership of end-to-end execution of high-stakes projects
- Collaborate with the First Resonance team to continuously improve the product based on customer feedback and requirements.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Strong engineering background in fields like Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, or Data Science
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to build relationships with different stakeholders (customers, their leadership and First Resonance teams)
- Experience shipping production quality code
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals in dynamic environments
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to customer sites as needed. May also require working nights and weekends. This role is based at our Los Angeles HQ.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in manufacturing, as Product Manager, or Lead Engineer
- Experience with Python and/or React (Typescript)
- Experience or curiosity in working with large-scale data to solve customer-facing problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup-like atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance; medical, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible Friday and PTO
First Resonance is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
JOIN THE TEAM AND INSPIRE THE WORK
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.