First Resonance is looking for an Infrastructure/Platform Engineer to help disrupt the manufacturing industry.
The engineer will work with other members of the Product and Engineering team to determine, build, and maintain both the platform and operations needs of the current-and-future products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-oriented, forward-thinking, has the ability to learn quickly, and sees the greater systemic forest for the trees. A strong interest in infrastructure-as-code, the Unix philosophy, declarative programming, and 12-factor apps is a major plus.
- Declaratively deploy and maintain containerized applications in Kubernetes clusters across multiple clouds
- Take a high-security approach to the design of applications and infrastructure
- Architect platform infrastructure for maximum scale and flexibility without sacrificing support for edge case application needs
- Act as the owner and maintainer of a wide suite of bought and built developer tools, and work closely with developers to help them learn and leverage the toys you provide
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes (we are a 100% kubernetes house)
- Proficiency with AWS services: EKS, IAM, VPC/networking, S3, RDS
- Proficiency deploying infrastructure via code with Terraform (our infra is 100% terraformed)
- Experience working with and building CI/CD pipelines (we use Github Actions)
- Experience with version control via Git/GitHub
- Knowledge of modern authorization authorization paradigms (jwt, oidc, saml)
- Experience with Python, Docker, Bash, and Linux
- Deep, gut-level experience with specialized kubernetes deployment tools (helm, ArgoCD, Kustomize)
- Experience building production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience building manufacturing tools or working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Hashicorp technologies - Vault, Terraform, Consul
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana stack
- Experience with Prometheus/Mimir/Grafana stack
- Experience with authorization-as-a-service softwares (auth0, keycloak, okta)
- Experience with Postgres
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance; medical, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Compensation and Stock Option Plan
- Team outings, group lunches, happy hours, parking and transit perks, typical ping pong/snackage suite, quality engineers to learn from and work with
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible Fridays
- 401K with 3% matching
First Resonance is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience and skillset, and location.
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.