Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Monday, January 23, 2023
Iconic Air is on a mission to catalyze environmental change where it matters most for our planet.
Over 56% of the world's emissions come from only 5 industries. We believe in a future where organizations are incentivized to reduce operational emissions, and fund high-quality carbon offset projects that benefit our society. Our role is to lead the charge - creating the software tools that accelerate organizations on their Net-Zero journey with high fidelity information and creative decarbonization projects.
Iconic Air is a venture-backed, SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance for the largest emitting industries on the planet. This includes Oil and Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, and Metals.
At Iconic Air, we are responsible for:
- Building the software infrastructure for the new carbon world
- Monitoring ESG performance for companies and industries
- Accelerating companies on their net zero journey
- Connecting companies with quality offset projects
We’re quickly expanding our engineering team and are looking for engineers with an insatiable curiosity and willingness to regularly tackle new challenges.
Iconic Air is building a complete end-to-end solution to automate, benchmark, and reduce carbon emissions. We’re looking for strong technical generalists who will contribute to our core platform and help lay the foundation as Iconic Air continues to grow.
You'll be tasked with a wide range of projects. Each engineer has a realm they focus on, but we're still small enough that we don't have the luxury of deep specialization. We're looking for technical generalists that aren’t afraid to dive into a new stack or toolchain if the need arises. If you need a rigid list of tasks spelled out in a multi-month roadmap, this role probably won't be a good fit.
We value your time and want the recruiting process to be as smooth as possible, so we make it simple! Once you’ve submitted your application the following steps will occur:
1. 15 min. intro call with someone from our team
2. Submission of links to your previous projects or work
3. 45 min. technical call with someone from our Product/Engineering team
4. 30 min. culture and values interview with Iconic Air teammates
5. We check references and make you an offer
Who You Are
- A seasoned developer with 7+ years of full-stack experience and working on software teams
- Preferred experience with Angular + Firebase and other GCP services but is someone comfortable working with new languages, frameworks, and tooling
- An independent thinker who can rapidly build and test new features that will have an immediate impact on customers
- A quick learner with an interest in tech and how we can use it to help customers achieve net-zero, leading to emissions reductions throughout the world. Prior sustainability experience is not required; our SME’s can bring you up to speed.
- An analytical mind who loves to solve complex problems in a variety of industries and companies
- A flexible personality who is okay realizing things that aren’t quite perfect
What You'll Do
- Work with our product designer and other engineers to build new widgets and screens that are performant and reliable using modern tools like Angular, Typescript, and Firebase
- Drive integrations with current tools our customers use to ingest their carbon data into the Iconic Air platform
- Build responsive component-based dashboards with web and mobile frameworks
- Use best practices for testing, automation and deployment
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed
What You'll Get
- Opportunity to help lay the foundation of the Iconic Air platform and engineering culture
- Great career development opportunity with the ability to have a company-wide impact and help first-hand in reducing greenhouse gas emissions across the world
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Work with top-notch and caring people who are committed to altering the path of climate change
- Eligible for full health, dental, and vision insurance package options for employee and dependent
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-sponsored wellness and environmental days
- In-person team retreats and meetups
- Work-from-home stipend
Tools of the Trade
- Our core product has been designed in Figma and uses Angular Material / TailwindUI.
- We run mainly on Firebase and GCP
- Our web front end is Angular 13 and our mobile front end is built in Nativescript
- We are open to exploring and adding new technology to help us work better — your input is welcome
We use a modern stack of tools and technologies that is always evolving and expanding. A sample of our stack is as follows: