San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Job Details: Full-time, salary (see below), health insurance
Qualifications: 10+ years experience, including at least 3 years in residential apartment maintenance and at least 3 years in single family home handyman or carpenter experience. Licensed general contractors, electricians and plumbers also encouraged to apply. Good communication and customer service required!
Honey Homes is a membership service that provides a dedicated handyman who proactively takes care of the everyday tasks and unexpected repairs of homeownership. Our members save time, spend less money, and stress less about their home.
As a Lead Handyman, you'll be responsible for proactively performing regular home maintenance tasks, such as changing air filters every 3 months, checking gutters twice a year, scheduling twice-yearly HVAC servicing, and more. You'll also run community services, such as hanging holiday lights, organizing a knife sharpening truck to come to your neighborhood, or coordinating group buying of services such as power washing patios. In addition, you will perform one-off requests such as installing a Nest or fixing a broken light switch.
Each Handyman services 50-60 homes within a single neighborhood, and is a part of the community which they serve. You will get to know your customers. Honey Homes supports you with technology to streamline communications and keep you focused on what you do best - helping our members.
All Handymen are salaried employees, with benefits, including health insurance. Honey Homes is committed to helping you grow your career, with access to training and promotion opportunities over time. Women and under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply. This is a unique opportunity to be an influencer join an early-stage company that is reimagining the home services industry.
- Support members by delightfully performing regularly scheduled maintenance on the 15 major appliances and systems in each member's home
- Support the neighborhood by organizing and executing on monthly events and jobs. For example, group buying and installation of CO monitors or coordinating the hanging and takedown of holiday lights
- Build relationships with members, such that you become their trusted home advisor and the customer continues their membership
- Provide feedback to headquarters on ways to improve how we serve our customers, and collaborate to implement changes in the field
- Ability to perform maintenance, identify issues, and recommend solutions for key home home appliances such as fridge, dishwasher, range, hood, oven, faucets, garbage disposal, toilet, vent fan, HVAC, water heater, etc.
- Ability to perform maintenance, identify issues, and recommend solutions for non-electrical systems such as gutters, windows, doors, vents, etc.
- Basic technology skills, such as installing and modifying wifi, smart locks, doorbells, and thermostats
- Must take pride in the detail of your finishes. For example, clean caulk lines and impeccable painting and patching
- Basic electrical maintenance such as replacing switches and outlets, bulbs and fixtures, cords, etc.
- Basic plumbing maintenance such as replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers, etc.
- Basic painting and carpentry work such as patching holes, painting, fitting locks and handles, etc.
- Clear communicator who is personable and able to build trust with customers through an authentic, knowledgable, and friendly approach
- Solutions-oriented, balancing speed, quality and price for the customer
- Desire to learn and grow
- Minimum three years apartment maintenance AND three years single family home handyman or construction experience
- Licensed general contractors, electricians and plumbers are encouraged to apply
- Able to occasionally move heavy materials, use ladders, and climb stairs
- Drivers license to operate a car, truck, or van
- Impeccable safety record