Office and Events Coordinator
Who we are
Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do
Arena empowers businesses across industries to make autonomous, high frequency, critical path decisions. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest companies transform their sales, supply chains, and assembly lines into self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies, net-new capabilities, and greater accessibility for critical goods & services.
We’re looking for an excellent Office and Events Coordinator to jump into the Arena. As our first Office & Events hire, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of our office environment, executing successful, high-energy events, assisting in recruiting efforts, and generally facilitating effective coordination across teams.
- Energetic Optimism. You bring positive energy to all that you do. Even when things are difficult, you know that they can be done. In general your first instinct is “we can do it — here’s how,” rather than “here is why this is hard.”
- Ownership Mindset. You should feel ownership over Office & Events success at Arena. You take responsibility and feel EMPOWERED to make decisions that will facilitate great outcomes.
- Proactivity: You take the initiative! Success means getting ahead of things, acting independently, rather than receiving tasks and executing.
- Bravery. Even if a problem is outside your traditional expertise, you take it on and ask for help when required. When things do go wrong, you’re the first responder.
- Outcome Oriented. You are not process-driven, you focus on outcomes. However, as you achieve outcomes, you create processes to systematize your wins.
How you will contribute
Arena is a fast-growing startup in a new industry, with constantly evolving day-to-day demands. The below is a small sample of the responsibilities our founding Office & Events Coordinator will take on.
- Plan, execute, and oversee company events, including all-hands, team retreats, and happy hours
- Help facilitate customer and executive interactions at & beyond our office
- Collaborate with customer & product teams to align events with company culture and objectives
- Lead larger public events as Arena's footprint grows
- Maintain a well-organized, efficient, and thoughtful office space, including supplies, equipment, and general upkeep
- Coordinate office logistics, such as mail handling, vendor interactions, and facilities maintenance
- Assist with onboarding new team members, ensuring a welcoming experience
- Add your special touch to making our in-person, office experience top notch
Recruiting & On-Site Support:
- Support Arena’s recruiters by helping schedule on-site interviews, coordinating candidate visits, and developing positive candidate on-site experiences to Arena's HQ in NYC
- Support hiring leads with tasks related to talent acquisition
- Mange customer and executive on-site visits to Arena's HQ
- Proven experience with event planning
- In-person, in New York City, full-time - example days: 8:30 - 6:00 pm
- Proven experience in office management or related administrative responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Google Calendar, gmail, and related tools
- Adaptability and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Some minor work travel as needed
- Opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the company's work environment and culture
- Competitive salary + participation in Arena’s equity plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch & snacks
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $110,000 yr. Compensation will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.