New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- But autonomous selling is just the beginning. Arena knows that Autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
How you will contribute:
- As a Product Engineer at Arena, you will partner directly with our CEO to productize novel ML models and bring our solutions to life.
- You will work closely with real enterprise users in many different countries, as well as Arena engineers and scientists to define what human-computer interaction looks like in an age of active learning AI.
- Working full time in our office in NYC
- Passion for AI and building machine learning systems
- Passion for good engineering, clean code, and scalability
- Interest in the full ML stack from initial R&D through deploying models into production
- Comfortable working with data in Python and SQL
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly at all levels, whether that be engaging deeply on a topic with other Machine Learning Scientists or sharing key insights with business stakeholders
- Experience owning, architecting, building, and scaling complex web applications
- Proven ability to write clean code
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience collaborating with Product Designers, Software Engineers and external stakeholders to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Strong customer focus with ability to translate user requirements into good design
- Ability to take a project from scoping its requirements through to the actual launch
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
- Interest and enthusiasm for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
It would be great if you have:
- Experience developing rich applications with Three.js and D3.js
- Significant understanding of browser compatibility
- Significant understanding of UX concepts
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience building software scalable systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Laptop and monitor of your choice
- Office supplies stipend
- Ramp Company Card
- Continued education allowance (books, e-courses)
- Attendances to top conferences in their fields
- Lunch every day (and at company wide events)
- Snack and self-serve lunch options
- Global WeWork membership
Base Salary Range: $140,000 - $200,000
See more open positions at Arena
Something looks off?